“Asuransi adalah perjanjian antara penanggung dan tertanggung yang mewajibkan tertanggung membayar sejumlah premi untuk memberikan penggantian atas risiko kerugian, kerusakan, kematian, atau kehilangan keuntungan yang diharapkan, yang mungkin terjadi atas peristiwa yang tak terduga.”
Insurance is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent, uncertain loss. Insurance is defined as the equitable transfer of the risk of a loss, from one entity to another, in exchange for payment.” ~Wikipedia~
Legal Principles of Insurance
– Indemnity – the insurance company indemnifies, or compensates, the insured in the case of certain losses only up to the insured’s interest.
– Insurable interest – the insured typically must directly suffer from the loss. Insurable interest must exist whether property insurance or insurance on a person is involved. The concept requires that the insured have a “stake” in the loss or damage to the life or property insured. What that “stake” is will be determined by the kind of insurance involved and the nature of the property ownership or relationship between the persons.
– Utmost good faith – the insured and the insurer are bound by a good faith bond of honesty and fairness. Material facts must be disclosed.
– Contribution – insurers which have similar obligations to the insured contribute in the indemnification, according to some method.
– Subrogation – the insurance company acquires legal rights to pursue recoveries on behalf of the insured; for example, the insurer may sue those liable for insured’s loss.
– Causa proxima, or proximate cause – the cause of loss (the peril) must be covered under the insuring agreement of the policy, and the dominant cause must not be excluded
Bila Anda membutuhkan produk atau pertanggungan asuransi, silahkan menghubungi Konsultan Asuransi kami dengan melengkapi form yang ada dibawah ini.
[contact-form-7 id=”9446″ title=”Form Asuransi”]